Also know as Hominy Grits, the word grits refers to
any coarsely ground grain such as corn, rice or oats. Grits are
available in various grinds; coarse, medium and fine. They are
cooked, usually boiled or baked, in water or milk. Grits are
commonly eaten as cereal or as a side dish.
Add almost anything to grits from country ham,
shrimp, fried fish, eggs, cheese, gravy to fruit, butter and syrup,
or simply eat plain.
Enriched corn grits (corn grits, niacin, reduced
iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid)
- White Hominy Grits
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup grits
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add grits
- and reduce heat. Cook slowly for about 5
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from
- heat, cover and let stand for a couple
- minutes. Makes 4 servings.